Trevor is on the hunt for answers to the mystery surrounding his parents' disappearance. Following a promising lead into the missing Bristol files, he accidentally gets on the radar of a woman too hot to handle...and a mercenary willing to do anything to keep both of them from recovering those files.
To track down the thief, Trevor and Cassandra must embark on a harrowing adventure that leads them across the ocean and into a world of intrigue, danger, and passion. But as they close in on their target, their relationship begins to boil, jeopardizing their mission as well as their very lives. Will they learn to trust their instincts - and each other - in order to survive?
The suspense driven COUNTERMEASURE SERIES combines full-length novels and Bytes of Life short stories about sexy, technologically inclined men and women. The series is filled with heart-stopping danger and enough twists and turns to make a hair-raising rollercoaster seem tame. In the series, Trevor Bauer, a tough as nails NSA geek, and his even more tenacious love interest, Cassandra James, are on a quest for clues in the mysterious disappearance of Trevor's parents. Joined by fate, their search drops them into the mysterious and violent world of data espionage, one that tests their love as they sweep the world with romance, sex, and ingenuity to find answers that will have the power to change their lives forever.
Random Facts About Who We Are – Chris Almeida and Cecilia Aubrey
Funny how random facts impact the way we see the world and also seep into our writing. Life experiences also pave the road we travel. In our case, the road has also brought us together as partners in crime.
1. I'm cocktail—a mix of Irish (Father) and Spanish (Mother) with a splash of English (Father).
2. I lived in Spain as an Air Force brat from the ages of 13 to 18.
3. Many of the trials and tribulations Cassandra experience on the flight to Paris are based in real life. Bumps on the head and cookies included. I love to travel and have been lucky to have visited many countries and places: Canada (Vancouver, Whistler, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto, Milton ), Costa Rica, Nice, France, Monte Carlo, Italy (Portofino, Portoferraio, Sorento, Amalfi, Elba Island, Rome, Pompei, Camogli), Austria (Vienna, Salzburg), Portugal (Lisbon, Sintra), Germany (Wurzburg, Nuremberg, Rosenburg, Munich, Chiemsee, Füssen, Schwangau, Ettal, Rhine Gorge / Sankt Goar)
4. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm sure it is the Empire and Darth Vader's doing, I saw STAR WARS for the first time in 1979.
5. I consider Music, Reading, Movies, Pizza, and Tapas soulgasmic.
6. For seven years I worked as a Lifeguard during the summer (yes, I have had to rescue a few including a cocky, weight lifting Air Force dude).
7. Chris Almeida and I, along with a of couple friends, were tossed from an Irish Pub (granted we were only sitting at our table waiting to pay the tab, but the security guard decided we were a bit on the uhm…tipsy...yeah…tipsy…side.
8. I have only attended 7 concerts.
9. I drove a 15-seat passenger commute van (100 miles round trip) for 13 years.
10. I'm the focus group for Chris's next shower singing recital *grins*
11. I ran with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain. NOT! It was more like running from the steer in a tiny pueblo outside of Zaragoza. Yes. I ran like hell. Don't tell me you wouldn't have. That was a hell of a lot of pointy horns.
12. I taught myself to ride a bike by practicing in a ditch.
13. I have been on Disneyland’s Space Mountain 20 times in a row. I was there one year just after July 4th. The park was almost empty. When it was all said and done, I thought I would toss my cookies. It was a hell of a ride
14. I have danced in a Square Dance Festival.
15. I broke my collar bone when I fell off a park slide and landed on my bum as a child.
16. As a kid, I decided to use my tricycle as a scooter and play chicken with a set of concrete steps. Needless to say the sharp edge of the steps won and my reward was a nice set of stitches across my throat. The scar is now a little mark under my chin.
17. The author that introduced me to the world of books in a serious way was Anne McCaffery and her Dragons of Pern. Discovered them tucked away in a library.
18. When I was a kid, my mom used to iron my curly hair with a clothes iron.
19. I learned to water ski at the age of 10.
20. I love to watch movies over and over and over (yes and over) again.
21. I was born in Oregon, however, my father was in the Air Force and from California and my mother is from Madrid, Spain
22. Chris and I have the same tattoo script on our forearms—a vow from Trevor to Cassie given in Contermeasure.
1. My father taught me to read before I was two. My mother continued his legacy by teaching me to read for pleasure. I never stopped reading since.
2. Began learning to read in English on my own at the age of 5 using my sisters' old English textbooks.
4. I have physically been to the address we use for our characters' home in Dublin. I was there every weekday from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm for close to four months.
5. My favorite food of all times is a shell fish only found in the region I come from in Brazil. It's called Sururu and although it is mostly found in the Northeast of Brazil and considered a treat there, it's on the Global Invasive Species Team list in the US.
6. I have lived in two different cities (in two different countries, different continents) that host massive Oktoberfest festivals each year. Yet, I don't drink beer.
7. Once owned a HUGE collection of comic books.
8. Have walked on coral reefs and stepped on sea urchins multiple times. Yep. It does hurt.
9. Surfing was a big part of my life during my teens.
10. I don't burn. I tan.
11. My mother taught me to drive when I was 14. She probably lost a few lives then.
12. I can ride motorcycles too and once owned a Honda 550cc. Sweet little thing.
13. Had a mild case of labyrinthitis in my youth which made me lose sense of direction if I close my eyes.
14. I sing. All the time. (Doesn't mean I'm good at it just that it makes me happy (and scares others) so...)
15. Was once heavily into modelcrafting and had a collection of military planes and ships from WWII I built on my own.
16. Have two years of technical engineering under my belt. I can mix cement/concrete, lay tiles and brick walls like a pro. I can also design building blueprints and calculate bearing weight for foundations among other skills in the field.
17. Survived 3 years of law school only to realize it wasn't for me but those years taught me logical and critical thinking from a different perspective.
18. I am fluent in ASL.
19. Can whistle VERY loud.
20. Watched Highlander and Blade Runner over 50 times each and could recite the whole entire script of Highlander.
21. I have blue hair most of the time. Yep. Blue.
22. I’m originally from Maceio, Alagoas, Brazil. http://www.picsfrom.com/oneadmin/_files/photogallery/ef7d8_maceio-alagoas-brazil.jpg
Find Chris and Cecilia:
Chris Almeida - http://www.facebook.com/Chris.Almeida.Author
Cecilia Aubrey - http://www.facebook.com/cecilia.aubrey.author
Authors Facebook Fan Page - https://www.facebook.com/Authors.ChrisAlmeida.CeciliaAubrey
Series Facebook Fan Page - https://www.facebook.com/Countermeasure.Series
Chris Almeida & Cecilia Aubrey - http://chrisalmeida-ceciliaaubrey.com
Countermeasureseries - http://countermeasureseries.com
GoodReads Author Pages:
Chris Almeida - http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B006NPTBOW
Cecilia Aubrey - http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B006NPTPLG
See other trailers:
Join the scavenger hunt:
This blog's word is