2015, A Year for Magic, #blog hop #magichappens2015 hopes and dreams

2015, A Year for Magic

What do I hope for in 2015? What are my dreams?

I don't want to talk about the hope for world peace and the eradication of disease and poverty. I don't want to talk about better treatment for animals and the environment. Naturally those wishes are always at the back of my mind.

For this blog, I'm going to talk about some little personal hopes and wishes.

As an author I hope to have the time to write the stories that crowd my mind presently, all clamoring to be written, but many unlikely to be written.
The dream is that time will, for once, be on my side. 
I seem to have so little time for writing. My time is filled with the seemingly constant need to market my product. Time to write has become such a luxury it's almost a guilty pleasure. I've begun to think I'm doing something wrong that marketing takes up three quarters of any time I have left over from my day job. The amusing or sad fact is that most of my marketing is fruitless. Maybe I should just give it up in the face of the horrendous new statistics on the flooded publishing industry. 
The sprinkle of magic for me will be that I retrieve the joy I had in writing a story, and simply enjoy it, rather than allow the pressure of marketing to send me running from writing. 
The dream is that more of my stories will reach readers.

Ultimately what I write are love stories. They reflect my own hope and need for a HEA in life. 
One of my stories currently on the simmer is, The Confession Box.
It's 16K words in and has taken a back seat over the last two weeks since I picked up some extra shifts at work, great for paying the rent, but not for writing the story. You can read a snippet here. The story is all about love and magic.

I'd like to end with a short list of hopes.
I hope for more kindness among people for each other. I hope for more focus on the lovely things, such as flowers and streams, rivers and oceans. Let's show off the beauty of life. I hope for less daily stress on people and less angst. I hope for magic in 2015. 

So take a glass of champagne and let's raise it. To magic touching everyone with love and kindness in 2015. Happy New Year.


HOP To another blog post 











1 comment:

  1. This is is a lovely blog Elodie! Cheers to you for a great 2015! xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comment awaits moderation. Thank you :-)